Tuesday 5 June 2012

I think I really need...

...an Asian Mandolin. 

Also known as a Chinese Mandolin or a Japanese Slicer....


What am I talking about? Isn't a mandolin a small musical instrument? No, no My friends...It's an amazing slicing tool which will give you precision cut, professional-looking veggies and fruit.

Thinly sliced onions for burgers, potatoes for gratins and homemade chips, sliced root vegetable for light gorgeous salads, shredded cabbage for coleslaw, citrus fruit for water pitchers and garnish, cucumber for that delicious Hungarian cucumber salad,  chocolate, slivers of cheese, the list goes on and on.

So much more delicious


You've probably seen chefs using mandolins on cooking show, but this will have been a French mandolin more than likely

French Mandoline 


It's quite a daunting-looking contraption and you can get a NASTY cut if you don't have good grip on that guard! 


Japanese Mandolin


On second thoughts that French one looks a lot safer ...
Awkward. 



I would eat you 

I DO eat you 


I've pretty much made up my mind to locate one asap. I'm thinking my best bet is probably a Boardmans or @home - excited to post some successful recipes and pics of delish things I've whipped up (  and hopefully not bandaged hands! ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment