Tuesday 19 June 2012

My Can't-Live-Without 6 Top Beauty Products!

I love make-up.

Anyone in my family can attest to the fact that as soon as I discovered it, I was helping myself to my mom's maroon lipstick and lipliner, and being told off in Standard 6 for rocking up with heavily mascara'd eyes, every day to school. 

I just love it. Someone once said to me "Any self respecting woman should put on her face before she leaves the house!" - it scared me into believing it, and the woman always looked good, and I quite envied her...the way she would apply her bright red Chanel lipstick and powder her nose with her Estee Lauder compact...

I think that another reason I am so drawn to a full-face of make-up is that, when I was 17 years old, I had chicken pox, and it ruined my skin. I didn't have great skin, in fact, I was actually just finishing off my 3rd round of Roaccutane when I got chicken pox, so couple extremely dry skin, with chicken pox on every inch of my face and body, and let's just say I have some pretty big scars which I need to cover up or I just feel so ugly. 

As soon as I've put on my mascara ( always my last step ) in the morning, I feel 200 times better! It may be vanity, but without make-up I'd be a hermit! 


Here are the 6 things on my dressing table that I couldn't live without - and that's not to say I haven't cheated on them before and come running straight back ;) 



1. Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NW25

I've tried matte mousse's, I've tried age-defying bases, I've tried foundations for maximum coverage - I've always come back to the best. Once you've tried Mac, you won't go back! NW25 is the shade which exactly matches my skin. Its silky liquid application and the way it fills all my silly holes and punctures is what keeps me coming back. The buildable coverage is also fantastic. 
The range carries a line for Cool and Warm skin undertones so visit a Mac store and get professional advice from one of their assistants and in their harsh lighting ( sorry, but it's the only way to know ) 



2. Yardley Stayfast Pressed Powder in Translucent

The only thing I set my base for a hard day at the office ( or shopping ) with! I know a lot of people don't finish off their concealer with face powder, but I need to as I have oily skin. I keep a powder compact in my handbag as well, for moments during the day where I feel I may need a little touch-up. The nice thing about this product is that there is room for the powder puff inside the compact, so it's neat and travel-friendly! 



3. Mac Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Sunbasque

I use a light smattering of this in Winter, and a hectic dose in Summer when I want to look  sunbronzed



4. Maybelline Colossal Volum Express Mascara 

Such a great mascara -  I think this comes in a Brown-Black as well, so just be careful and get the BLACK version. Amazing in ONE coat, but 3 is also a good idea! When it comes to mascara, it's gotta be Maybelline 



5. Mac Eye Kohl in Smoulder 

Go to the Mac counter, ask them to apply a stripe of Smoulder to your hand. Then ask them to put a black eyeliner next to it. The Smoulder is darker. Keep it sharp - it's the only black eyeliner in the world, to me. Use it to line the inner eyelid, and smudge it along the bottom - it's deliciously black!  I neeeeed my black eyes or I look sick!

6. Mac Lipglass in Florabundance 

Peachy pinky shiny goodness in a tube! I've honestly used this colour Lipglass since I was about 21 and THAT was a long time ago. Love it - neutral but so feminine and so great over lots of different shades of pink/ peach/ coral lipsticks. So glamorous! 







No comments:

Post a Comment