Monday 14 May 2012

Mother's Day Weekend - Kloofzicht Lodge & Spa

A few weeks ago, Andrew took me to Kloofzicht for a surprise Sunday lunch...
Believe me when I tell you that it was a buffet lunch of epic proportions and we agreed that it was the best buffet in Jhb. We're really not fans of a buffet, but we'd heard recommendations about the cuisine, as well as that the Lodge itself was spectacular. 

The Lodge 

One of the dams 


Kloofzicht is in the Cradle of Mankind, and its about a 45 minute drive from our place in Midrand. When you arrive at Kloofzicht you cannot believe you're still in Jo'burg. The feeling of tranquility and luxury washes over you...then your nose gets a waft of the food on offer, and you're sent to sensory heaven. There are multiple dams and beautiful mountains and chalets which serve as your scenery while you're enjoying lunch on the spacious balcony - if you are very lucky you may even spot the hippo that we did, cooling off in the dam...

( There is a spa at the Lodge which looks amazing, so if you want a weekend away, without the flights and long drive, I recommend it! ) 


I didn't take any pictures of the food, but you can eat 'til your heart's content! Starters include soups, rolls, salads of all varieties, cold meats and other treats like quiches, vegetable pastries and potato salads. Mains are every type of roast on offer, prawns, curries, veggies, roast potatoes, rices and all of the sauces and sambals a person could want.
The Sunday dessert selection includes a chocolate fountain, a Baked Alaska with an ice cream ball the size of a rugby ball inside it, and creme brulee to make a grown woman cry! 

The Saturday lunch buffet is a slightly reduced selection, but well worth the trip and the money - as it's also a bit less busy ( read: shorter queues for the food :) ). The Saturday buffet is R150 per head.
The Sunday buffet is R185 pp and you MUST book ahead. 

Check our Kloofzicht Lodge and Spa's website below 



I was so lucky to have my parents and my little sister Holly, in town for Mother's Day ( they live in Durban ). My older sister and her husband Marco, also joined us, as well as Andrew's parents and his sister and uncle. 
We had such a great lunch with our families and most importantly,  OUR MOMS


Karen, my Mom, Andrew's mom, me, Holly 

Karen, our Dad, me, Holly 
Andrew, looking dashing 

Karen, my Mom, Andrew's mom, me, Holly 





No comments:

Post a Comment