Monday 21 May 2012

Place I'll Be Going Soon ...Woodlands Eatery

I love going to new restaurants in Cape Town. Andrew and I are HUGE fans of the Madam Zingara restaurants, particularly Cafe Paradiso and Bombay Bicycle Club. I also love Sidewalk Cafe in Vredehoek but I haven't taken Andrew there yet! The vibe in a Cape Town restaurant is always so authentic and cool...the people are laid back in their dress and if you're in an Italian restaurant, you're being served by 5 Italian daughters and their dad is in the kitchen whipping up the pizzas.
Also, the buildings are so beautiful and "old" and I love sitting in a place and wondering how many times the building has changed functions - was it a hotel or a postoffice, or someone's house, or another restaurant, before. 
So fun to speculate.

This weekend we'll be in Cape Town ( going down for a work trip at the end of this week, and staying for a day or two!) and I plan on visiting Woodlands Eatery in Vredehoek! 



I love the shabby chic look! Who am I kidding - I just love Cape Town - and Vredehoek is such a rad area. 

I hear such good things about their pizza and their chocolate fondant...wonder if they do gluten-free bases...hmmmm....I  have seen some other gluten-free items on their menu which fills my tummyheart with JOY!


We are so lucky that we can co-ordinate our work trips every so often - I have loads of clients in Cape Town who i need to see regularly, as well as new business opportunities - and Andrew calls on lots of media and radio in CT tool. 





http://thewoodlandseatery.co.za/ - the site says that their menu is coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment